September 1, 2011

First Week of Internship

So I am already into my second week of internship! Its hard to believe because it is going by so fast. I am a private Catholic high school. Its a fairly small school as far as high school's are concerned. So far I haven't been doing too much actual counseling but I have gotten to observe a lot and we are starting a few small groups. I have gotten to witness a few interviews for transfer students. It felt good to be able to make some face to name recognitions when I saw them around the next day. There is one student in particular who I am trying to make sure that I say hi to every time I see her in the hallway.

I don't have too much to say for this post although I am sure that there will be more to say once we actually get past schedule changing. :-)

I do want to share a link with you. There is a fantastic school counseling website that I have come across. From now through the 10th of September, she is doing give-aways of fabulous school counseling stuff. All you have to do is leave a relevant comment about how you would use said item. She then picks one person randomly to win the give away. Its a great way to start/keep building your toolbox, plus she has some great ideas for school counselors with all levels of experience. So check it out and maybe you can win some cool stuff!!

Have a good day.

Jennifer

4 comments:

  1. Hi. Just came across your blog from over at the Free Give-Aways from the School Counselor Blog.

    I'll look forward to following your blog. Good luck and enjoy being a counseling student. It is a time of tremendous discovery and growth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennifer! I just want to say thank you for reading School Counselor Blog and posting about the contest! I am so excited you are blogging! Keep up the awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jennifer! Ditto to what Danielle said; excited to be reading your blog. I've added it to SCOPE picks, a site I manage for school counseling stories: http://sconlineprofessionalexchange.blogspot.com/p/scope-picks.html

    You may also want to check out my interns blog site as well. They are just getting underway but I'm sure they'd love to hear from a fellow intern. http://ourjourneythroughinternship.blogspot.com/

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Erin I have been checking out SCOPE! I might be sending you a post or two in the future, when I have a really good question for all the school counselors out there. I am so excited to check out your interns site as well. Maybe we can bounce our ideas off each other!

    @Danielle Thanks for your blog! I have already learned a ton of great ideas from it.

    Thanks to all of you for reading this and please pass it along to other school counselors. I am really hoping a lot will start reading this so that I can get lots of great input from all of you!!

    ReplyDelete