November 27, 2011

Procrastination...its the holidays...

Hey all,

I am writing this post because I am procrastinating the homework that I have been putting off since Thanksgiving break started. For some reason I am just not in the homework mode. I am in the holiday mode however. :-)

I am finally ready to listen to Christmas music even though its been on the radio for a good two weeks already. Yesterday we cleaned the house and moved some furniture in preparation for our Christmas tree. We are FINALLY getting a real tree. As a family we have had a fake tree for years but I think we finally persuaded my mother that we need a real one this year. I absolutely LOVE the smell of a real tree and I cant wait to go pick one out!

Thanksgiving has just passed and I am not ready to jump back into the real world of classes and internship and life just yet. I had an extra long break. Got to spend time with family, got all my shopping done for the holidays (yay!) and had some general down time. I have so much to be thankful for this year. My dad's mom is still with us. She is definitely slowing down but I got to spend all of Thanksgiving with her and its definitely a blessing. My cousin's girlfriend had her baby on Black Friday. Both mom and baby are healthy and happy. Its such a special blessing. First great-grandbaby on that side of the family! I get to spend lots of time with my mom, dad, and brother. Who knows what next year will bring with my brother off at college and me in the real world. I want to cherish every moment, even if they tend to drive me nuts after long periods of time together :-)

I cannot believe that in a few short weeks, I will be done with my second to last semester of grad school. Time has flown by so unbelievably fast! I mean two years, really? I can see that light at the end of the tunnel. I am thankful that the job outlook is promising, although it may not seem like it here in southeastern Wisconsin.

I hope that you all had a safe and happy holiday week/weekend. The Christmas season is officially upon us. I know that on Thanksgiving we usually say what we are thankful for. I hope that you all continue to be thankful year round for what you have. This holiday season I am going to try and do a few things for those who do not have as much as I do. I suggest you do the same. If we each do one small thing, we can make a big difference!

I feel like this post is all over the place so I hope it made sense!!
Happy Start of the Holiday Season Everyone!

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment