August 22, 2011

To Tweet or Not to Tweet...

...That is the question! Ever since Twitter started, I have been adamantly opposed to even signing up for it. Like with Facebook, I feel that I will get drawn in. You hear so many horror stories of people saying things on Twitter that they should not have and things can get out of control.

Lately, however, I have been hearing about more and more professionals in the teaching and school counseling fields that have been using Twitter. Messages about classes, scores for marching band competitions, and what are called "twitter chats". These intrigue me because I feel that I could benefit from hearing important advice from other school counselors. At the same time, I am not sure if it is a smart thing to do.

I am curious what other counselors think about this. Is it a worthwhile thing to sign up for? Are there other options for ways to communicate with other professionals? What are your ideas? How do you use twitter?

Can't wait to hear your answers!
Jennifer

1 comment:

  1. I love Twitter and use it daily. There are so many cool school counselors and educators tweeting. School Counselor Blog and SCOPE are hosting our 2nd school counselor Twitter chat this Tuesday at 8pm EST! Join us!

    ReplyDelete